Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

Ahh... back to what brought us to working in a library in the first place. a love of reading. this was not necessarily a productivity enhancer! It is easy to get caught up in looking for recommendations.

My concern is the replication of energy in creating a second catalog of books (from a library's standpoint). I understand from a reader's point of view this could be great and helpful and exciting.

I think about Library Things place a promotion tool. We are looking for a way to enhance our promotion of new materials. Is Library Thing that best way to go about it. I am thinking that a flickr badge would be do-able. The Library Thing is nice that is promotes the notion of libraries as being a good and valuable and still relevant

Good Read seems like a great sight. but again, I don't like the pressure of self-exposure. Maybe I am too square to be 2.0

No comments: