Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity

1) customized homepage
very fun and helpful. I have used this thru igoogle for quite some time, I really like it

2) Calendar
I don't do a lot of sharing of my calendar, so this is not so handy. I have a personal organizational method that I cannot mess with.

3) To do lists
I am more of scrape of paper kinda person. I don't always have access to the web all the time. This might be helpful if managing group projects. I don't do much of that at work so it wouldn't really help me much.

$) Backpack.
seems pretty cool, especially for business people, frequent travelers, or people who frequently work out of the office.

I don't really work in a manner that would allow me to make use of these apps. I do appreciate igoogle, but mostly as a personal space at work, for the separation of life and work at work. I don't really work in coordination with a large group or across institutions. It is good to have exposure to these things.

Perhaps when I morph into a robot, this will all seem easy and most natural. I will update my downloads when I am plugged into my docking station.

No comments: