Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 9: Collaboratino tools

I think this idea is pretty cool. In some ways, we have been waiting for this for a long time. since we jumped on the computer band wagon and realized the deal we had made with the devil. aka microsoft. always purchasing updates, trouble moving to a new computer, etc. It seems nice to have the data stored and manipulated outside the hands of one giant monster. It seems practically equalitarian.

But I wonder, again, about giving up control of my information. I place my documents out on the web, in the hands of some unknown entity, trusting that it will remain private, trusting that it will it will continue to remain accessible to me. I wonder what The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood would hold it she wrote it today...

With that said, I think that I will look to Google for more, especially when updating my home computer!

No comments: