Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr

It was good to play around in Flickr. (Again, I enjoyed the common craft video) I was already signed up for Flickr, but I didn't know how to run it very well.

I also enjoyed looking at how St Jons/Bens was using Flickr and other web2.0 opportunities. But again, it calls into question, the cost/benefit of investing the time and enegy in doing things like this. What if we threw a party and nobody comes? Our staff is so small, we can't spend alot of time on R and D.

Moving around in Flickr, (I also tried webshots and photobucket, and while I was at it Twitter) I was again struck by what a waste of time this can be. Did I really accomplish much in the time I spent doing this?

I am still not sure how this can fit in my library's limited control of our web presence, but I will withhold judgement till my 23 things are done.


Any way, here's my first first photo saved into my blog.

No comments: